.

.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shiny and NEW

Well, it's official! We have just bought a washer and dryer!! That may not sound too exciting, but for the past 6 months we've been going down to my parents once a week to use theirs. Not that I didn't enjoy spending time there, but it's going to be nice to finally have a set of our own! They will be delivered on Monday. It's a Maytag Bravo set, and from the reviews it seemed like a good set. We're excited!

Malone recently just changed his major back to Construction Management. He wants to get an associates in Architecture and finish up with a bachelors in Construction Management. Eventually he wants to get a masters in architecture, possibly at a Utah school ( I can't remember which). I'm happy for him! I think he'll do well with this and I know it's something he enjoys doing. I just pray that after all this schooling maybe the economy will be better so that he can find a job. We'll just wait and see! He's been off track this semester, but will be registering for classes next month for the spring semester.

Work for us both has been going alright. We're both happy to have jobs and have what we need. Malone is still working at Broulims, in which he is the Assistent Dairy Manager. He's hoping to eventually transfer over to the meat department. I think he'd have better hours and pay there... I think. This coming week he has been assigned extra hours working in that department, so we're hoping that this is a chance for Malone to maybe sneak into that department for good.

Work for me has been going well. I have been at Mobley Physical Therapy for nearly 4 years now. Right now I am the only one that has been there the longest, so the employees look to me to "lead" so to speak. There's alot to learn at my job, and it takes a long time to understand it all. But the kids I work with are doing alot better than I expected. I had hoped to get a position requiring more responsibility doing paperwork, but a girl who has only been there a couple months got the job over me. I'm not sure why, but it was hard to swallow since I felt like I deserved that position and had asked ahead of time if I could have it. Oh well... I'm hoping to find a job here in Rexburg so that I won't have to waste as much gas traveling to work as well as get more hours since I only work about 30 hrs a week. I've been really picky about jobs, so it's taking a long time. However, I have been working on some things for my portfolio so that should be interesting. And recently, since my little sister Ashley has gotten engaged, I was asked to design her wedding invitations! I'm a little nervous since I've never done it before. But so far the few designs I've come up with have been alot better than I expected! And I think Ashley has enjoyed them too. We'll see what she ends up with in the end.

Malone and I just got callings in church! I guess our ward finally realized we exist! We have been called as ward missionaries. I'm not sure what all we are required to do, but it should be good for us both. We'll be welcoming new members to the ward and such... that's all I know. I also went visiting teaching for the first time in this ward today. I just got assigned a few weeks ago to a couple of girls. They seem really nice, so I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

And of course, I have to tell you that Tivo is doing well! He's just as cute as always. I love him to death when he isn't driving me nuts lol. He's been on this chewing fetish lately. I think it's because he has so much energy that he's not getting enough exercise penned up in the house all day. During the summer we take like two walks every day. But it's been so cold out, it's a bare minimum amount of time outside... and that's just potty. He has chewed up the bed we got him months ago to the point that we finally decided to buy him a new one. This time we bought him a big pillow and just put it in his bed. So far he seems to love it! he hasn't chewed it at all yet and will sometimes just go in his cage and lay down with out us asking him to. I hope it stays this way!

Oh, I have to report that we bought two new fish to accompany our one fish we got for christmas from a friend. The first fish, I don't remember if I've mentioned before, is a goldfish named Peach. The two new fish are Bunny and Salty. Unfortunately, Salty died on Sunday about two weeks after getting him. He got stuck in the filter.... like a "Finding Nemo" gone wrong right? But Bunny and Peach seem to be doing well. I've never had fish before in my life, so it's new and interesting.

One last thing, I DYED MY HAIR! It's a dark brown now... in fact it's a little too dark in my opinion. I might still be in shock of it, but everyone i've talked to seems to really like it! Including Malone, who has been giving me alot more attention since I've done it. I guess he likes it ALOT lol. I'll have to post a pic later, since I don't have any yet. Malone dyed his hair with the left overs from dying my hair. It looks really good on him! Anyway, hopefully I'll write again soon! Love you all!

1 comments:

David & Kishele said...

Excellent post, my dear. Good to hear y'all are doing well. Sounds like life is pretty exciting and or chaotic over there.

-Kish