For Labor Day Weekend, Malone and I caught up with is parents at Island Park and camped out a few days. We got there about dinner time on Friday night. His parents had decided to go to bed early so we did too. Saturday morning we went out and Malone's stepdad Eric taught me how to shoot a Baretta pistol 9mm. I've only shot guns once before, but I didn't do too bad! I was surprised how much kick a little gun like that has and it was really loud too. I got super close to the target, but never did nail it. After that we went to West Yellowstone and had a look around before we headed back and had lunch. Malone's sister Holly and her family joined us for the day, which was super fun! We all hung out and talked for most of the afternoon. Malone and I snuck away for a while and had a four-wheeler ride. I had one and he had one, and he rode behind me most of the time on these dirt trails... after the ride he was completely covered in dirt from my 4wheeler.
That night we had dinner and sat around the campfire. Tivo was with us, and there was one point when I looked over and he had what looked like a grin. Next thing I knew he puked all over!! My neice Hannah was holding him, and luckily it only got on his blanket. He puked a couple more times that night and you could tell he wasn't feeling good. I was a little worried about him, but I think he just had too much junk to eat that day. That night, while Malone and I were in bed, we heard a creature sniffing around our tent!! I'm not sure what it was, but it sounded smallish and made a snorting sound when it sniffed. I think it was probably a skunk or a racoon or something. Creepy though! The next day (Sunday) Tivwas feeling much better. We stayed and played a few rounds of settlers with Malone's parents, had lunch and split. It was a really fun weekend and I had so many Kodak moments! But I forgot my camera... dang! Starting to think I need a new camera cuz I dont like the one I have that much.
Monday (Labor day) I didn't have to work, so I stayed home with Tivo. I took Tivo out that morning, and I noticed he was limping! I couldn't figure out why though. I sat him down and looked at his foot and moved it around, bent his leg, felt around. Nothing. He limped like all day. Malone came home at lunch and he looked at him too, found nothing wrong. Later that day Tivo seemed to be feeling better ( or he had just been faking it all day) because he stopped limping suddenly. Weird.
Funny story: So that same afternoon, I was baking some banana bread. I had about 30 minutes left to bake and Malone and I decided to take Tivo for a short walk to the neighbor's to pick up some stuff. We all got to talking and I completely forgot about my bread in the oven! Right after we walked out the door of our friend's house, I suddenly remembered the bread in the oven! I had no idea how long it had been done, but we jetted home and pulled it out. Luckily it wasn't burned, but it was a little overdone on top. However, the bread turned out just fine for eating! I was relieved! That was pretty lucky, and kind of stupid too. lol
10 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment