.

.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

One year ago

 
Today I am reflecting back to this day a year ago. A year ago I learned something that would change my life forever. It was the day I found out my baby has Spina Bifida.  Looking back I remember Malone and I were completely heartbroken and scared. We felt so helpless.  I blamed myself for his condition. I had never felt so devastated.  I had a very vague idea of what to expect with my son's condition. I had so many fears for our future.
 
If only I could have had a glimpse of what my life would be like now, a year later. Our lives have been so blessed by this child. He is so beautiful and perfect just the way he is. Malone and I are so in love with him. He is developing and growing pretty much like any other kid would be. I am so thankful for him and the sweet spirit he is in our home. He is such a good baby and is always happy. We love him so much!
 
I have learned so many lessons this past year that I can't even begin to explain. I think the biggest lesson I have learned is trusting in my Heavenly Father and having faith that he has a plan for me. Though our journey has not been easy, we have been tremendously blessed.

0 comments: