Since our trip back home in August things have been pretty quiet around here. In October we attended a picnic with all of the people Malone works with at Parkway. It was a lot of fun and it was neat to meet some of his coworkers. The food was good, there were games for the kids and pumpkin chuckin'. It was a fun day but it was so cold and windy outside!
We also had the opportunity to attend a ward party trunk or treat and chili cookoff the week of Halloween. So we decided we needed to dress up! Mason and Malone were lumberjacks and I was a tree!
We didn't do much for Halloween since Mason is a little young for candy still. But we did end up at the dr's office on Halloween night because Malone had some kind of bug bite that got infected pretty bad. So over the next week he was in and out of the dr's office getting prescriptions for antibiotics and shots and such. It got a little scary because the infection was really red, had spread and was probably the size of a baseball on his leg. Poor guy! Luckily it is clearing up now.
The weather here in Texas has finally started to cool off. Over the last week or so it's been down into the 40's during the day. I had to turn on the heater in Masons room a couple nights because it got down to like 65 in his room. It's nice to finally start to feel like it's fall though. It makes me want to bake and nest. I've made 4 loaves of bread, 2 different batches of cookies, and a pan of brownies in the last 3 weeks.
I had a chance to have some fun at a Super Saturday activity for the Relief Society. We signed up for certain crafts we wanted to do and had all morning Saturday to work on them. I never get to craft and I had a great time socializing. It was a blast! I got to know a few more people in the ward which was nice. I made these really cute decorations for the house too.
Malone is still doing great at work. He is definitely keeping busy with his bids. We are hoping for a bonus here in the next couple months and possibly a raise which will be nice. I am at home with Mason most of the time and we are always trying to get things done around the house. Lately I have been working on getting family pictures up on the walls and update our photo albums from the summer. I have also been working on writing some family history of my grandparents which has been very educational. It's always nice to learn more about family.









0 comments:
Post a Comment