It's been far too long since I've updated. I'm sure you are all dying to know what's going on with the Bullocks. I do have a few stories that have occurred since I wrote last. I even have pictures! Okay, so first story.
It was a few days after Malone and I had gotten married. We were in the process of getting settled in still. He had to work that day, and there was still alot of moving in to do. So, while he was gone, I wanted to get ALL the moving in done so he wouldn't have to worry about it at all when he got home. So, I spent several hours putting things away, organizing, and making sure everything was perfect. As I was doing this, I decided to even do a little decorating. I had some green garland left over from the reception and I wanted to use it to decorate the top of my cupboards in the kitchen. So, I climbed up on the counter top to arrange it and make it all pretty. Things were going fine and I had pretty much finished. Still on the counter top, I turned to get down, and suddenly I lost my balance. I realized there was no stopping gravity now and nothing to grab so I fell clear from the top of the counter down on the floor landing right on my knee. Luckily I didn't land on my head or hit the edge of the countertop. I was pretty lucky! Although, my knee really took a beating. I had a HUGE bruise and it was extremely tender. When Malone found out, he told me I was lucky I didn't break my neck!! Which is true. I included a lovely picture of my knee. It doesn't quite compare to Tiffany's 25 bruises on her leg, but it's still a doozy. I'm also including the lovely picture of my thumb that I messed up about 2 weeks before the wedding. It got caught in the door and ripped half my nail off. I attempted to keep the nail on with nail polish, which ended up making it worse. OH and I am also including the most recent picture of my hand. I accidentally burned it on the oven on Friday. As you can see, I am a little accident prone. Luckily they're minor! 


Malone and I are finishing up our fourth week of school this semester. As for me, school is going well so far. It's keeping me plenty busy. I don't have much of a social life other than Malone. But I am learning alot. I'm taking sculpting for the first time ever, and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Our first project was a replication of a plaster head. In other words, we had to copy a mold of a head provided by our teacher, and create it out of about 25 lbs of water-based clay. At first, it was alot more difficult than I thought it would be. Since we started I've put in about 10 hours a week or so on it. We're finishing it up now and I have hollowed out the head and it is currently prepping for firing. This picture is not quite the finished product, but it's close. Freaky I know. But that's what the guy looked like! It's a death mask of a Renaissance Sculpter named Canova. Now we're working on models of an animal of our own choice in which we are going to use to make molds. I don't have a picture of it yet, but I'll update you!
As for my other art classes, Head drawing and Figure Drawing... I'm learning very slowly. There are times when I compare myself to the other artists and start to feel like i don't deserve to be in the art department. There's sooo much talent! I have to keep reminding myself that these people have put in alot more time in the past and I'm just getting started. If I put alot of effort into practicing drawing, someday I will be as good as them. Still feels like my butt is getting kicked though. But I am getting better.
I'm in a first aid class this semester. And it's been quite educational. The best part is that when the class is over, I'll be CPR certified as well as First Aid Certified. Pretty cool huh? Right now we're testing our skills on CPR. I got an A on the first part, and now I'm working on CPR for infants. No prob!
I'm also taking a Book of Mormon class. I have the most awesome teacher ever and I have learned SO much. We're in Helaman right now, and from what we've read so far in the class, it's so easy to relate the Book of Mormon to our day. I have a testimony that the Book of Mormon is so true and that it was meant for us in our day. I love it sooo much!
That's about all as far as school goes. Other than that, I've just been trying to learn how to cook better (poor Malone has to eat what I cook... poor poor man), and just be a better person in every way. I've been looking into some exercise classes on campus. They fit with my schedule pretty well, and I've been needing to work out. SO we'll see how that goes. Tiffany inspired me with her work out story, only I doubt I'll work my butt off that hard!
Malone is still working at Broulims. He got an offer to work at his old job at Grease Monkey, but he turned it down. They don't pay as well. I was a little disappointed just because I knew that if he worked there, he'd be with me more because he'd get off at like 6 as opposed to 11:30 every night. Oh well. He's been doing alright in school, even though it's definately not his favorite thing. He's really been dedicated to keeping up in school. I'm proud of him. He uses any spare time he has on homework because his work schedule is crazy. By the end of the day the kid is exhausted. He recently caught the cold that was going around and spent the last week or so pretty miserable. Luckily I never got sick!
The other night we decided to take a break from homework and go out for dinner. We came home with left overs and the movie Iron Man. Malone has been wanting to see it, so we rented it from redbox. It's a pretty good movie. I fell asleep though it...oops! I've already seen it luckily.
Work for me has gotten alot better. Since my highly experienced original coworkers left, we've had new girls working with me. I, being the only girl there that has been there probably the longest, feel like I have alot of pressure because I need to know all the answers. It's also my job to teach them what to do and what not to do. It's been hard!! At first I was so extremely stressed out because I was trying to keep track of 3 girls and make sure none of them made mistakes. Finally I decided that they need to make mistakes to learn. That's how I learned! So, I took a chill pill and let them learn. Things have gotten better and the girls have learned alot I think. I've been thinking about trying to find a job here in Rexburg to save on gas. So if anyone knows someone or of a job, or even ideas, let me know!
This weekend is Mother's Weekend here at BYU-I. It's a time where students' mothers get to come and visit their kids and go to their classes and spend time with them. Mom has her own classes to go to this time. So she won't be able to accompany me to my class. But we have plans to check out some stuff going on on campus Friday night. (I need to check on tickets!!) And her, Ashley, and me are all going to lunch on Saturday. So yay for quality time with Mom! Mom is truly a lovely lady. Love ya mom!
That's about it for now. Hopefully I'll remember to update this more often so that the blog isn't so long. And I'll also include some of my artwork so you can see my "improvements" I guess. Something I learned about art this semester is that Art exposes you. In that everything you've learned, things you feel, is all out on paper for everyone to see. What does your art say? Mine says, "I'm lacking much practice" right now haha! Anyway, I'll keep you all posted! Peace!
10 years ago




2 comments:
Burns, Bruises, and a half gone finger nail? OUCH!! I think I figured out what all the bruises were from on my leg. Because Rowan is so heavy in his baby carrier, I let it hit against my leg while I'm walking. I still have bruises on the side of my leg.
That sculpture you are making is INCREDIBLE! Yes, a little freaky, but very cool! I think you are amazing when it comes to art. One of those natural talents.
As for working out, just get in the habit of going 2-3 times a week. I promise it will give your more energy and motivation to do things.
It sounds like you two are really busy but it seems like there's no escaping that when you both are working and going to school. Just remember, it won't be like this forever, right?
Thanks for the much needed update. It's great to see you guys are doing well and enjoying married life. Hopefully we will be able to get up to Idaho in the next month or so to visit everyone.
wow, I didn't know you even had a blog, and its interesting! hehe. I was reading Tiff's and saw link to your guy's. Sounds like everything is going well, which is good to hear! Sorry to hear you are accident prone, but hey, scars are tatoos with stories....ok I am done typing
Post a Comment