Hey everyone!
So a few weeks ago Malone and I got a chance to hang out with my best friend Deidra and her boyfriend. We went swimming at good old Green Canyon, the one pool place in the area that hasn't changed since 1970. Classic! It was alot of fun and it was neat to get to know this guy that Deej is always talking about and is completely in love with. His name is Casey! Nice guy and I completely approve. Turns out, they actually just got engaged this past weekend! How exciting! They 're planning on June. It's a long ways away! Congrats you two!
Deidra and Kacey
For Halloween, Malone and I didn't do anything really. He had to work that night. But we carved pumpkins a week or so ahead of time. We learned quite a lesson from that actually. Don't keep pumpkins inside for a long period of time! They MOLD! I have some interesting pictures. The carvings were cool, and turns out the nasty mold actually ended up making it look even creepier!
I wanted to include a couple pictures of us cooking and some little food experiments. The picture of that big cookie on the cookie sheet is us trying to get rid of the last of the cookie dough... it was soo yummy! I ate a piece out of the middle.
So the most exciting thing that's happened lately is Malone and I took a trip down to Utah with my parents to see Tiff and Marshall. It was so much fun! We left Friday and came back Sunday, so it was a short trip. We stayed at my dad's brother's house in West Jordan Friday and Saturday night. It was really fun seeing them and their newly remodeled home. It's pretty awesome! Saturday we went down to Marshall and Tiffany's in Lehi and hung out. It was so great seeing them and the boys. The boys have gotten so big! Chan just turned 3 last week and Rowan will be 1 in January. Adorable boys!
We got to go out to Cabelas and check out all the cool displays and got to shoot at the shooting gallery. The guys had a little contest to see who could get the highest score! I did pretty good considering I don't really shoot much at all. It was my first time there, and I was surprised how many animals they have there. Wow!
After that we went over to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. I was suprised to see all the amazing things they have there. There were some huge dinos!! And there was alot of stuff for kids to do and have fun. Malone enjoyed this little hands on trough of water and sand display. It had something to do with how dinos were preserved in wet mud and stuff... I dunno. But Malone played in that with the kids for a while!
That night we all played video games and gave Chan his late birthday presents. We had cake and ice cream and just talked. It was really a blast! After church Sunday at Marshall's ward, we had dinner and played around. We played with these little toy cars Malone and I got Chan for his birthday. We made up this dumb game to play with them. We left that afternoon around 4 and headed home. Overall, it was a really fun trip! And it was nice to get away from homework for a while.
Speaking of homework, we have only 4 weeks left in the semester including Thanksgiving break!! Both of us are so excited! We're hoping Malone will get better hours at his job next semester and will be able to be home at night. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it works out! Last week I checked my email and noticed that I had just received an award of excellence scholarship from the school for $1000 dollars. We were soooo excited! We can definately use extra cash. I also have another scholarship for $500 for next semester as well as the other half of our grant. Pretty exciting next semester! Somehow things just seem to work out. Someone is definately watching out for us.
We've been looking into getting me a car so we wont' have to depend on Mom and Dad's old honda. So if anyone knows of a good deal, let us know!
That's about it as far as updates go. Hope everyone is doing great! Love you all!!




2 comments:
Cute pics - it's amazing how much you realize you've done when you look back and try to blog it, huh? Thanks for coming to visit, it was so fun to have you here!
We wish we could have come too, sounds like it was a great trip.
Post a Comment