.

.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ahhh the sweet smell of freedom

So it's been about a week since school got out, and let me tell you... It's awesome. I sometimes wish I didn't have to go back, but then again... what life is there without school? I can't imagine it... I've been in school for 17 years. What do you do when you aren't in school?? Well, I am in the process of finding a second job for two reasons. One, we need the money. And two, I have to have something to do with all this new spare time I have and I might as well earn some money. haha! I haven't been as diligent in my "job searching" this week as Malone would have liked... cuz he really wants me to find a job now while there are some available. (which I understand). But I really wanted just one week without anything to do, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Now, I need to find things to do so I dont get fat and lazy this summer.

Malone and I have discussed getting up and working out together in the past. Many of our attempts have failed. Usually we just sleep in. But I am dang determined to get into shape this summer and get back into my jeans I wore in high school! haha I'm sure everyone can relate to that and one point in their life. I can't afford to grow out of all my jeans, SO we are going to start working out together again. This time we went to the gym here at our complex. It's actually pretty nice! We jumped on the eliptical and set a goal for a half an hour workout. I was amazed how fast the time flew on those things. I have forgotten how much I like them! I was able to go the entire time without stopping, unlike running I'd have to stop alot. It was a great workout. We did a few weights and were out of there in about an hour. We're hoping to get a workout in before Malone leaves for school everyday. I think we can both use the exercise and the extra energy!

Malone starts school tomorrow. He's not really looking forward to it. He struggles with school as much as I do, but he'll do fine. But I know that it meant alot to me to have him as a personal cheerleader, so that's what I'll do for him. I know he'll do great. He's alot better at dedicating time outside of school for homework and such. He's the "get the work done and then have fun" type... I'm the "have fun with the work if you absolutely have to work... or just put off the work until you're done having fun" type, which isn't always the best way to be. It drives Malone crazy I think haha.

We realized yesterday how busy our summer is going to be between the two of us. Family reunions, weddings, vacations, school, work, holidays, anniversaries (one year coming up i can't believe it!)... it'll be nuts! I think Malone really wants to go on a vacation just the two of us. We went to Utah for our honeymoon last year, and we really kindof wanted to do a little something more this year as kind of another "honeymoon" type thing. I think he's thinking Las Vegas... could be fun. We'll see.

We're still looking for an apartment. Our contract, like I said, is up this summer. We've come across a few that were interesting. I found one on craigslist that was the same price we're paying and it includes everything in the rent. I think they even allow animals... :D That would be awesome because we really want a puppy haha. May Riley rest in peace...

OH and one more thing--- here's a shout to good ol Dan Bennett! Congrats on getting engaged! We're sooo excited to meet this fine young lady! Anyway, hope everyone is doing great and hopefully we'll hear from you! Love you all!

1 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Wow - 2 posts in 1 week :)
Nice that you have some extra time, I would relish it too! That's nice that you are setting a goal of working out. It's good to get in the habit now, cause it's really hard once you have kids.
Glad the semester is over and you guys are doing well.