.

.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The semester is over!

Finally! Winter semester is over! So, some of you may be wondering why I haven't written for so long. Did we drop off the planet? Actually it just got overwhelmingly busy! I think this semester took a toll on us both. We're both tired and really glad it's over. Malone starts spring semester on the 20th. He thought about deferring this semeseter because we're low on school funds this semester, but he decided to go part time with two classes. Malone has decided on majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and possibly eventually Civil engineering. BYUI offers civil engineering, but it's only an associates program here. So I think until I graduate, he will do the mechanical engineering thing and eventually we'll probably transfer somewhere else. The question is... when do I graduate? Good question. We'll see...
We had the opportunity to spend time with our families this weekend. It was alot of fun! Thursday was Parker's birthday. We had steak and played some games. Friday I worked all day and that night Malone and I went to his parent's for a little BBQ and games. Saturday, I got to spend some time with my mom and do some shopping. I was in desperate need for some jeans and khakis, and she bought me a new Easter dress. I'll have to take a picture and show you guys! It's so cute! Eventually Malone and I made it over to his parents for Easter dinner and an easter egg hunt with his family. It was so much fun!! Malone and his brothers hid the eggs for all the grandkids and we got to watch them all go at it. It's kindof funny being one of the "adults" now instead of the kid running around for the eggs. There were a few moments I wanted to! Sunday, Malone and I sang in the choir for the Easter program in our ward. That was fun and new! I think Malone really enjoyed it. He got to stand next to a friend of ours and had a good time. Afterwards we went to my parents and had dinner and an easter egg hunt. It was alot different having an easter egg hunt at my house versus Malone's house. There were like 8 grandkids at his parents house and 2 grandkids and Parker at my parents house. Anyway, we had alot of fun spending time and playing games with family this weekend.
At the moment, Malone and I are thinking of finding a new apartment. Perhaps one that is a little bigger. The one we have now is at the Village apartment complex and it is 543 sq. feet and we're paying $535/month including cable and internet . The complex is going to start making us pay a new price at $545/month including cable and internet. We want a bigger apartment for a good price. There's a new complex building 3 new buildings just down the road and we can be guaranteed an apartment there for August (after our contract here is up) if we sign up soon. The one we're looking at is a bigger 1 bedroom for about $20 more with free internet and cable, storage options, covered parking, reserved parking. It basically has alot more amenities and it seems like a big deal. We're still looking into it. I'll keep you all updated!

1 comments:

Geoff Nielson said...

one of my teachers mentioned that they would offer a civil engineering degree here soon. possibly a 4 year, maybe in 2010. Im not sure if thats the same thing you are looking at though.