.

.

Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Beginning to a New Year

Malone and I had a great Christmas! We bounced back and forth between his parents and mine. For Christmas, I got him a PS3 which included a couple games. So that's been keeping him busy while I'm at work. I also got him some some new jeans. He got me some pj pants, a vest, a nail polisher kit, a purse, and some jeans. We had a good Christmas :-) I think we both got what we wanted for Christmas. He also just had his birthday on the 28th. We celebrated the night before w/ my family where he got some camping gear and slippers from me! We still haven't had a chance to celebrate it w/ his family yet. I wish I had a camera during the Christmas break because I walked away with NO pictures at all. I was pretty sad about that....

Well, it's January 2010 already. It's so nice to have a new start to a new year and set new goals. I sat down and wrote down a list of things I wanted to work on this year. I don't know if I will accomplish them or not, but I am definately going to work on being better at a few things. The biggest thing I am planning on working on is getting back in shape. I think that's been my new years resolution for the past like, 5 years lol. But this year I really want to change! Ultimately it would be wonderful to drop like, 40 pounds. Since I've been married I've gained a little weight and I hate it! And I think Malone is sick of hearing me complain about it. I have an entire box of brand new jeans that I can't even wear! So, it's all going to change this year. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get started or ideas, it'd be appreciated!


Today was a rather dreadful day unfortunately. It started out like a regular day. I was at work doin my thing. Around noon I headed to my parents house for lunch. The road to mom and dad's was extremely sick, so I drove somewhere around 15-20 mph. I was taking it extremely slow. Then next thing I know, I hit a patch of ice just right and did a 180 off the road into a ton of snow. Luckily I didn't hit anyone else, but I did hit this green telephone box looking thing by the side of the road. I was a little upset but kept cool. Luckily, there was a man driving in front of me that saw what happened and pulled over to help me get out. Thanks to him I was able to get out without too much of a problem. The car did suffer a bit of a dent in the passenger side door. It's not too horrible, but we'll probably have to take it in to get fixed. I was pretty upset about it, even though it could have been alot worse. It pretty much took most of my lunch time. By the time I got to my parents I only had like 10 min for lunch.

By the time I got there, somehow all the electricity had gone out in the area. So I just had a bowl of cereal and went back to work. The electricity was still out at work. We were figuring out what we were going to do about all our patients when Malone called and told me he was stranded because the Honda wouldn't start and he needed to get to work. Unbelievable!!! The girls at work decided to cancel the patients since the electricity wasn't going to come back on for a few hours, so I decided to go a head and head out to help Malone. By the time I got to Rexburg, Malone had started the car and all the electricity came back on. I guess the girls at work didn't cancel the patients, so I had left work for nothing. I called and asked if I should come back, and they told me not to worry about it. So I wasted an entire afternoon at home with my dented car and nothing to do. Oh and then I spilled cooking oil on my new white pajama pants. That sucked too. Just a crappy day, friends! Lets hope tomorrow is better!


Tomorrow is the first day of school for winter semester. Me and by awesome friend Emily have 3 classes together tomorrow, so I am really looking forward to that. Hopefully this semester goes well! I am taking: Digital Illustration, Readings, Business for Artists, Medical Terminology, and Community health, a total of about 13 credits I think. I'll be working MWF from 8-6, and going to school TTH all day. Two of my classes are online as well. I have all my classes figured out for next semester and both my clusters also figured out. So, if things go as planned, I will most likely be graduating this fall. I might take a couple classes (if not the rest) this summer. What am I going to do after graduation you ask? I haven't got a clue!! lol probably continue working at Mobley's until I can create a better portfolio. Who knows how long that'll take. But I definately have alot more work to do after graduation.


That's all that's goin on with me. As for Malone, he's working full time at Broulims still. He's trying to figure out what he wants to do as far as school goes. He's been doing Mechanical Engineering the last few semesters. Last semester was a challenging one, but he passed all his classes. I think it may have scared him off a little. He has all winter to figure it out since he's off track. Malone got a calling recently to be the ward employment specialist. Things with that are going okay so far. There are a ton of people in the ward looking for jobs, so Malone and some others are going to hold some kind of fireside for employment next Sunday.

That's about it for us!

0 comments: