.

.

Friday, February 5, 2010

So annoyed...

When Malone and I first moved into this apartment, we had about two weeks of peace and quiet. Our previous apartment was next to the highway, which was ALWAYS noisy. The peace and quiet was divine, and we were so happy! Then the upstairs neighbors moved in. I'm not kidding you, it sounded like an elephant lived up there!!! The footsteps were so incredibly loud I was afraid that any minute someone would crash down through the ceiling into my living room! And it was like that ALL the time. We've dealt with it for about 4 months. Then they moved out. Ahhh the sweet sound of nothingness. Once again, happy. Now we have new upstairs neighbors. It is 11:00 pm. Screaming, running, loud laughter, banging, bumping, more running... my light fixtures are shaking, and I can't concentrate nor live like this.

I sometimes imagine how fun it would be to pound on the ceiling to let them know of my annoyance. That reminds me of my freshman year here at BYUI when I lived with my first roomates. I remember one night our upstairs neighbors decided it was ok to vaccuum their apartment at 2 am. My roomate Melissa (who on other occasions had repeatedly asked them to keep the noise down) marched around the apartment beneath where this person was vacuuming and pounded the ceiling with a broom. It was hilarious! It didn't do any good, but I think she felt a little better when she was done. I think one time I threw a shoe at the ceiling because of the noise. Again, you just feel better when you hit the ceiling.

It seems to me that anyone moving onto an upper floor would have the common decency to keep the noise level down. I mean, if I lived up there, I'd be so careful and considerate! But I'm a nice person... especially since I know the neighbors are in my ward. I just want some consideration, is that so hard?? And I am too nice to say anything to them, so I guess I can't resent my neighbors if I am too chicken to tell them how I feel. These are the good days, so they tell me.

1 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Our first apartment at the village was like that. It got really bad right after I had Chandler. I was home all of the time and they were so noisy. We didn't have very many problems after we moved into our 2nd apartment in the village. It was much much quieter. I'd take the highway noise over noisy neighbors anyday.