That's right! Our secret is out. Malone and I have been looking into getting a townhouse. We figured since we'd be here a few more years and as high as rent is going, we might as well invest and build equity while we're here. So we've been looking at our options and see if it's even possible for us to afford it. We've narrowed it down to three here in Rexburg that we really like. One is a little above our price range, but it's SO beautiful. Malone and I fell in love with it! It's a little bigger than we need (4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths) and it has an attached garage and a basement. Tons of room and just beautifully built. It's right next to the church on a quiet street close to the neighborhood we're in now. The second one we like is actually right next door to the first one, exactly the same except it's a little smaller with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. The third one is down the street in a different neighborhood, but it's also a 3 bedroom 2.5 baths with an attached garage. They're all similar, just the size varies and the floor plans are different, and of course the prices are different. All the ones we're looking at are BRAND NEW.
It's super exciting to think that we might be able to do this and actually have SPACE of our own! But I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's still a chance it may not work out. I hesitated to even tell anyone about it since it's still an unsure thing. The bad part about this is we have no apartment as of the end of this month since our contract is up and we don't want to renew or move into another one. So, my parents are letting us stay with them while we're in between... Sound familiar to anyone? haha. Malone and I will be staying there during the 7 week break for sure. Hopefully by the next semester we'll be in our own home of some kind. Exciting huh?
Speaking of next semester... I just registered for my LAST SEMESTER AT BYUI!!!! That's right! I applied for graduation and from what I can see, everything is on track like I planned. So, technically I only need 6 credits to graduate and then I'm DONE. What then you ask? I haven't got a clue! But I'd like to start up my own business doing illustrations/window painting/ wall murals/whatever else i can get my hands on, so we'll just wait and see. It'd be nice if I could actually make some good money doing what I love... just imagine that! Not a whole lot of people can say that haha.
Malone's still in school for a couple more years. This semester has been a rough one for Malone. He's been so busy with work it's hard to make time for school sometimes. I've been doing my best to help him out with his writing class (since English is the only subject he's taking that I can actually help with! Everything else is hard). We'll both be glad when this semester is over, which is in 2 weeks!
Lately I've been riding my bike alot more. It's been super fun, but Rexburg is a little boring. So the other day I asked my Dad if he knew about any good trails in the area. As we got to talking, we decided to go on a bike ride together up by Warm River tomorrow. I'm pretty excited! But a little nervous since I'm not in the BEST shape ever. I think Dad might kick my butt, lol. We'll see. Wish me luck! I'll take pictures.
10 years ago




2 comments:
Crossing my fingers and toes that a town house works out for you guys! I think about all of the years we spent on renting and it makes me sick. If you can get into something, DO IT!
That's so exciting that you are close to graduation too. Only 6 credits? You are definitely on the home stretch.
It's so nice to have good family to lean on. I hope you find something that fits you guys! Oh and I might have some one else interested in your mural work if you're up for it.
Post a Comment