.

.

Monday, August 16, 2010

We're getting a HOUSE!!!!!

It's true! We close on the 18th (Wednesday). Malone and I have been looking into getting a house for about 2 months now. We've been throwing away thousands of dollars a year in rent and we just couldn't help but wonder if there was a better alternative... turns out, there is! We were able to talk to a broker and a lender and we were able to get an affordable loan on a brand new townhouse! We got a loan through USDA. It's a subsidized rural development loan. So basically, our payements are dependant upon our income. Since we have a lower income, we were approved for a $157,000 loan. We found a townhouse in Rexburg and got a great deal for $143000. The government helps pay our mortgage, so we only have to pay $518 a month! That's lower than RENT! We have to pay an HOA, which bumps payments up to almost $600, but still, that's a good deal. Our interest rate is a fixed rate at 4.6%, which is a great deal. Long story short, we are closing on this townhouse on Wednesday and we're completely stoked!! It's a brand new home 3 bedroom 2.5 baths, 13,800 sq feet, and includes an attached garage, stainless steel appliances, knotty alder cabinets, tiled bathrooms, tiled kitchen floor, walk-in closet, master bath with double sinks, a laundry room, and more! With the purchase of the townhouse, we also receive a free flat screen TV!

I never thought it'd be possible for a young married couple like us to have such a great opportunity to have a beautiful place of our own so early on in our marriage. I feel so blessed! Malone and I are planning on having some kind of party once we're all moved in...since we'll have ROOM to invite people over now!

2 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

That's so awesome! So nice the programs like that are available. So what happens when you income goes up? Do you have to stay under a certain amount for the government to help you out? That's about what we paid for our town home, but we fork out almost $1000 a month between our mortgage, insurance, and our hoa. As for renting, we rented for 4 1/2 years, so we totally know the feeling of throwing $$ away! Enjoy the nice low payment! Excited to see it next time we are in town :)

Jared and Jasmine said...

Congrats!!! This is so exciting! I want to come and see it when I come down for Christmas! I love knotty alder!