Malone and I have been talking about goals lately. I decided that for me, for a while I have been too undisciplined to ever stick to anything to accomplish a real goal. For example, I've had a guitar for 4 or 5 years and I have always wanted to learn to play it. Well I know a few chords, but that's it and I haven't really tried. Another example is exercise. I try a few times or a couple weeks with a new routine,and I end up getting lazy and slowly quit. It's happened millions of times. And lately I've been complaining to Malone about my weight and he's sick of hearing about it, so we decided to DO something about it. He and I both made goals to lose weight and get in better shape. I'm a little nervous about making this commitment because I just hope I don't quit!! But, because I know I dont' like to disappoint, I am posting it on here so everyone knows about it so I won't quit as easy.
I started an account with myfitnesspal.com and am keeping track of calories, exercise, and I have my goal set so I can keep track of where I'm at. I also added a little ticker on the blog here so everyone could see how I'm doing. So far, it's only about 4lbs, but it's a start I guess. Malone and I are trying to run a few days a week to help us get in shape. And I don't know about him, but it's a big struggle for me! I haven't had to run like that in years, so it's kicking my butt. However, I'm taking it slow for now and I'm working up. For now, I am working up to 3 miles or a 5k... maybe I'll enter a race sometime. I don't know yet. So we'll see how it goes. We decided that if I hit my goal, which is a secret right now, then Malone said we could go on a CRUISE! If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is! Wish us luck! Cuz I know I'M gonna need it haha.
10 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment