Well, 4th of July has come and gone already. Bummer that it's all over, since it's the one holiday I always look forward to every year... but Malone and I had a good time!! Since Malone had to work Saturday, we waited until after he got off that evening to join his parents and sister's family in Island Park. They were camped out near the river, which was great except there were alot of mosquitos! Pretty thick too, but we didn't let that stop us from having fun! We had a delicious dinner, spent time together chatting, and Malone and I attempted to teach everyone how to play Mow with face cards. We're use to playing with Rook cards, so it was a little hard to adjust! But we all had fun and laughed alot. That night a few of us caught the Island Park Fireworks from our campsite. It was so peaceful, and the best part was the sound of the fireworks echoing against the mountains. We had the show all to ourselves since no one else was around. I think Malone really enjoyed that part!
Parker and Malone throwing hatchets and knives
(left to right) Ethan, Macey, Emily, Hannah, and Katie
My father-in-law Eric cookin us up some breakfast! The mosquitos attacked him the most... poor guy.
Hannah
Macey and Katie
bothered him ALOT. He kept barking at them, as if it'd scare them away. It didn't. He must have been really tuckered out because after we got home Sunday afternoon, he slept for hours and hours.
Despite our best efforts and spraying with bug spray, Malone and I were just covered in bug bites. It was pretty miserable for few days. Monday was the 4th, and of course Malone had to work that morning as usual, so I got together with my family and went to the Rexburg Parade. We had a great time! Marshall and Tiffany and the boys came up from SLC to spend time with family here in town, so it was great having them with us at the parade. Chan and Rowan were so fun to watch.
Rowan taking pictures with his Mom's amazing camera
I didn't manage to take any pictures the rest of the day, but after the parade, we all got up to go home and suddenly Rowan puked all over the ground. Poor kid! Luckily we were right next to a building with a bathroom so Tiff could clean him up and I happened to have a plastic sack in my bag to put his yucky shirt it. Couldn't have been better timing really. He was fine later that day it seemed though. Later that afternoon after Malone got off work, we joined my family at my parents house and had a BBQ. We played games and just hung out talking and watching the dogs chase each other around. That night we caught the Menan fireworks, which were pretty decent! I like IF better, but that's okay. Next year maybe.




0 comments:
Post a Comment