.

.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lame Car, Lagoon, Lava Hot Springs, and Large Dogs

A few weeks ago, Malone got in his little red car to go to work and about a quarter mile from our house it suddenly just died. Unable to get it started again, he made a mad dash home and got the other car to make it to work (good thing it was a Saturday!). We took it in and it turns out the timing belt broke and most likely bent the valves. The repairs are most likely going to cost more than the car is worth, so we've been trying to sell it and just get rid of it. We've been car shopping and haven't had any luck yet. My parents happened to have a car they weren't using so I've been driving it to work until we buy a car. The car is a rusty buick I use to drive before we were married. Malone calls it the Leprosy car, because all the paint is chipping off and rusting underneath. Thanks, poor ugly car, for getting me to work and back everyday.

Recently, Malone and I had a little getaway trip to Utah for a weekend. Our anniversary is this month, and because of our crazy schedules we didn't think we'd be able to really celebrate it. So we celebrated early! Malone and I made arrangements to stay in a hotel in Ogden and go to Lagoon the first weekend in August. We got down there Friday evening and spent some time shopping for some much needed clothes. I got a couple pairs of shoes and some work tops, and Malone got a nice pair of jeans and a few shirts for school. We ate out at Red Lobster, which was delicious! I am finally making friends with crab!
We had a delicious buffet breakfast at our hotel the next morning and headed out to Lagoon first thing! It was a really hot day and it got pretty crowded, but we enjoyed being with just each other with no other worries. We got to cut in line a few times to fill seats on rides, which was nice! My ultimate favorite ride was the roller coaster Wicked. It scared me before I got on, but it was a blast! We rode it several times while we were there though. While everyone else took breaks to get lunch, we jumped back in the short lines and skipped lunch! By 5:00 we were both exhausted and starving, so we decided to just relax the rest of the day and grab some early dinner at Golden Corral. We swam at the hotel and just stayed in the rest of the night. Sunday we grabbed some breakfast and headed home! We had a great time spending quality time with each other, not to mention getting some well needed time off.

This past weekend Malone and I drove down to spend some time with my best friend Deidra and her husband Kacy. We drove out to Lava Hot Springs and swam for a couple hours. I don't think I had ever been there before, so it was a new experience! After swimming, we went to dinner at Golden Corral and ate probably way too much! Then we went back to Deidra's apartment and we hung out for a couple hours just talking. We had a blast hanging out with our friends. I consider Deidra and Kacy family, so it was seriously about time that we made it down there to be with them. We had a blast with them like we always do! I just wish we all lived closer so we could hang out more often.

Sunday Malone and I went to church as usual and after church we were invited over to a neighbor's house for birthday cake (it was his wife's birthday recently and they had leftovers lol). So we went over and hung out for a couple hours. They have two big great danes that are simply adorable! Huge dogs, but so loveable. Our friends invited us to go to this dog park down the street later that night. So after dinner, we got Tivo and walked down to this dog park. I guess the Village apartment complex put together a dog park there, which is so nice! It's all fenced in and even has doggie bags to pick up after your dog with. There were tons of dogs, all sorts of shapes and sizes. The great danes were there, as well as a few labs, and a bunch of smaller dogs Tivo's size. One little dog was a chihuahua and he was just Tivo's size! His name was Teego (sounds like Tivo, no?). We got to socialize with a bunch of new people as well as a few friends that were there.I guess this group gets together twice a week and do a kind of potluck too. It was so fun! And Tivo was so good with all the other dogs. So we will totally go again, maybe go tomorrow night and maybe even Sunday too. Thanks friends for inviting us!


0 comments: