.

.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Super Duper Best Ever Fabulous Wonderful Weekend!

I managed to get through an amazing weekend without ONE picture... again. I forgot my camera.

This past weekend Malone and I had the opportunity to go to my family reunion camping with my family in Spencer, Idaho. We took work off Thursday through Saturday to go for the weekend. Thursday, we ran a few errands, picked up my parent's trailor and 4wheeler, and my Dad. We made it up to the campground around 4 or so. We all mostly just hung out that afternoon. At dinner, Malone cooked a bratwurst wrapped in bacon over the fire. It was a big hit, since all the guys had to compete for the best looking treat lol. That night Marshall had created a really fun activity involving us putting on some improv skits. It was hilarious and so much fun! I think I can speak for us all when I say that we were all impressed with how funny Dad was and his imrov skills. Go Dad! We actually caught it all on tape... that should be interesting later. The little kids and Parker were involved too, and they had so much fun.

The next day, Friday, was my Birthday! Chris and Dad put on a grand slam breakfast (yum!) And later Dad, Marshall, and Chris took the kids and went 4wheeling, Malone and AJ biked the trails, and us girls played cards. At one point after lunch, I took a fantastic birthday nap! We played Settlers of Cataan and some other games that afternoon. I forgot to mention that we took Tivo, and my parents took Teddy. They were both pretty good. The kids had fun walking Tivo around on the leash. Tivo was good even off the leash too, which was surprising. He just sat with us and walked with me around the camp. Tivo slept in our sleeping bag, which I actually didn't mind because he kept me warm! That night we had dutch oven potatoes and fried chicken, and dutch oven peach cobbler and cherry chocolate cake. Everyone sung happy birthday and I blew out the quickly melting candles in the peach cobbler lol. That night we played more games/skits. We had brought some starbursts with us to cook over the fire with our hot dog sticks. I was making one for my nephew when I had accidentally cooked it too long over the fire making it super melty and a piece dripped onto my finger. It burned a couple layers of skin right off! I had a hole in my finger! It hurt when it happened, but later it didn't hurt at all like a normal burn would, which is weird. Guess I'll have something to remember that camping trip by! The next morning we had a cold breakfast and packed up camp.

Malone and I left around 11:30. When we got home we cleaned up, unpacked, and gave Tivo a bath. That afternoon we went boating with our ward at blacktail in Ririe. We rode up with our friend Dan and his cousin who brought his really nice boat. Dan taught us how to surf behind the boat. My first attempts were a horrible failure, I couldn't get up. But my second attempt was better and I got up 3 times! I didn't stay up long, but I got up! I'm convinced if I had more time I could have gotten it though. Malone of course got up his first time and stayed up way longer than I did. He got up several times and did a wonderful job. I was proud! Later around 7 or so, the weather closed in and it just downpoured on us for about half an hour. All of us were huddled under a shelter waiting for it to pass. Luckily it did and we were able to pack up the boat and head home. It was an exhausting weekend, but we had a blast!

Today is Malone and my 3rd year anniversary! Not sure what our plans are yet. But I'll write about it tomorrow.

0 comments: