The semester is over and Malone is done with his internship! So now his schedule is back to normal, 6-3 instead of 6-8. It'll be nice to have him home when I get home again. Since it was between semesters, we decided to take a little weekend getaway. We drove down to Salt Lake City Thursday (april 5) and stayed till Sunday (8th). It was so nice to just be together without any distractions. We ended up having to take Altivo with us because we didn't have anyone to watch him while we were gone. It was kind of fun having him with us. He had to stay in his kennel alot though, but nothing he's not use to already. We stayed in a pet friendly hotel so he was able to run around our hotel room while we were there. Malone and I spent most of our time shopping at the malls there in the SLC area. We set aside some shopping $ and splurged on a few things. We both bought a few things including this new purse I got that I absolutely love! Malone got some Oakley sunglasses that he also loves. He has a hard time finding sunglasses he likes. We also got to spend some time at the new City Creek mall there. It had a lot of high end stuff there, waaay too expensive for us. But the new building is very nice! Malone and I also got to eat at some fun restaurants we hadn't eaten at before. One was Tapanyaki, a Japanese steakhouse. You sit at the grill and have a chef cook and do tricks for you. The chef flipped shrimp into our mouths! I think i can speak for us both when I say it was a blast! Then the next night we went to Tocanos, a Brazilian restaurant. It's basically a buffet and waiters will stop by your table and bring you fresh meat off the grill. There were tons of choices, everything from chicken to pork, to fillet mignon wrapped in bacon. My favorite thing they brought was a brown sugar glazed pineapple. Sooo good! We also sampled a few different Brazilian lemonades. I tried the pineapple lemonade and Malone tried the mango lemonade and passion fruit lemonade. So good! We also had lunch at a pizza place with a friend of mine from High School who I haven't seen in forever. It was a good trip! I felt bad we didn't visit family while we were there, but it was sort of a trip we wanted to spend just the two of us. With schedules as busy as ours this past semester, it was nice spending that quality unterrupted time together.
10 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment