.

.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mason is 4 months old!

Mason is doing awesome! He is getting so big now, I don't know where the time went. I haven't gotten Mason in for his 4 month checkup since we haven't gotten a pediatrician here yet. But Mason has certainly grown since he has moved up from size 1 diapers to size 2. He is wearing some 0-3 month stuff, but mainly 3-6 month and some 6 month stuff. He's got a lot of cute clothes to wear which is fun.

 Since moving to Texas, I have been spending everyday hanging out with Mason. He learned a new trick last week! He learned to roll over onto his tummy! I had just laid him down on the floor and went to do something in the kitchen, and when I looked up he was on his tummy. So I didn't get to see him do it the first time. But a few days ago he rolled over again and I saw him! Then two days ago he rolled over at least 5 times while we were playing. Mason and I play a lot during the day. I get his toys out and try to help him learn to grasp things. He's not great at grasping things yet, but is starting to show interest. He will lay there and reach out to touch things sometimes. If I put things in his hands he'll shove them in his mouth, as long as he can grasp it. He is super smiley, he kind of does a laugh. It's more like a squeal really.


 


Mason has been able to hold his head up really well. I tried out his bumbo seat the other day, and he actually was able to sit in it for quite a while before he started getting tired. I might be a little early trying out the seat, but he really likes sitting up. Lately he has been waking up more at night. He use to sleep most of the night and wake up once around 4am. Now it's like 11:30pm, 2:00am, and somewhere around 5:00am. He has been getting sleepy at night around 8:30ish and is usually asleep before 10pm. Last time we checked his weight he was 12 lbs last month. My guess is he is around 13 or maybe 14 by now. And as far as I can tell and assume he is developing normally. His head seems to be doing well, his soft spot is still soft. Malone and I keep an eye on that constantly. If it ever starts to feel firm or full, that is a bad sign that his ETV isn't enough to maintain the flow of cerebral spinal fluid. So we feel his soft spot constantly to make sure it feels soft, which it does. He is such a happy baby. Just now I had him laying down on the floor while I did a few things around the apartment and he just sat there cooing to himself. It was so cute. I look at him and he just smiles and smiles. This little guy has me wrapped around his finger.






 
 

0 comments: