.

.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Celebrating Father's Day and update

The weather is warming up around here! Its going to be in the 90's all week. Last week we had rain for a few days making it feel extremely muggy outside. One day it poured so much rain I got a flood warning on my phone! Looking outside you could barely see the house across the way. So cool. And lots of thunder too. I loved it. Luckily no flooding, just a lot of water in the streets probably.

Malone and I are enjoying our ward here. I don't get to meet a lot of people because I sit in the corner playing the piano in Primary. So the lack of social interaction at church makes me more motivated to do my visiting teaching. I have never been a very good visiting teacher, so I am working on being better! I really like the girls I visit teach and I love my partner. They're all really great. Recently I had the opportunity to serve a member of the ward. It was no big deal and I enjoyed being able to be of help to someone. Malone is off the hook for webelos for the summer. I guess the boys don't do scouts in the summertime. Nice!

Malone continues to work hard at work! Recently he found some kind of a construction gnome statue on his desk that someone had put there. I guess the office passes around this gnome to people who have been doing a great job. So it was such a nice compliment for all the hard work Malone puts in! It seems like he never got the recognition for his effort at his old job, so that was really nice. Even if it was just a gnome on his desk... it's the thought that counts. Malone often goes to lunch with coworkers and clients who come to the office about projects. The office does this lotto lunch where a few random people are chosen to go to lunch together, it's a great way to get to know other people in the office. Malone enjoys meeting new people. From what Malone describes, this is a really nice company to work for. Very friendly environment and everyone has been so nice.

This past month has been a lot of fun! To celebrate father's day, Malone, Mason and I went to Medieval Times in Dallas. It was a blast! Medieval Times is a dinner and live show watching knights jousting, horsemanship, and falconry. You are assigned a knight to cheer for and sit in that knight's cheering section in ringside seats while your wench or servant brings you a 4 course meal. Our knight was the black and white knight. For dinner we had chicken, potato halves, tomato soup, garlic bread, and ribs. And you have to eat it all without utensils. I guess maybe they didn't have utensils back in Medieval times? Its a 2 hour show, so I was a little nervous of what to do with Mason during that time as far as feeding goes, but it worked out okay. Mason had mixed feelings about the show. He cried a bit, but I think he was so very tired. He actually managed to fall asleep for part of the show. I don't know how he did that with all that noise! Malone and I had a great time together. It was nice to go out and do something fun together.


We continue to go on walks now and then. There isn't anywhere within walking distance to go from our apartment and we live along a busy highway here. So we will go after Malone gets home or on Saturdays. But it tends to get really hot in the afternoon so we don't go often. We went for Family Home Evening yesterday and took Altivo with us. He doesn't get to go for walks much so he is fat and lazy and he got super tired on our walk. It was good for all of us to get off the couch and get a little exercise in!

Speaking of exercise, I am still doing my T25. I am just happy to be consistent even though I'm not perfect at it. I continue to slowly lose pounds and inches and continue to have increased energy. I think it's best for everyone when I exercise because I am so much happier the days that I do! So it's a good motivation to continue to be consistent. The challenge with my group on line is over, so I'm on my own now! I don't think I did too great with the challenges from the group, but I try to do better everyday.

Mason continues to do great! Recently his second tooth popped through, so now he has two teeth on bottom. He loves to eat his baby food and to help momma in the kitchen. He loves to do whatever mom is doing! Mason still doesn't really show any interest in crawling, but he gets around fine with rolling. He manages to get into trouble fine. The other day he managed to get into Tivo's water dish! H is such a happy boy and always makes me smile. He's my little buddy and I love taking him with me everywhere.

0 comments: