A couple weeks ago we were able to take a trip back home to Idaho. We haven't been back since we moved. We left on July 30th in the afternoon. Malone and I decided to drive all night to get to Idaho the next morning. It seemed like a good idea so that Mason could sleep most of the way there. Considering the long 20+ hour drive I was surprised how well Mason did. And Malone managed to drive the entire time too. We arrived in Rigby at about 11 the next morning and surprised everyone. We got to spend some time with my family that day and were able to go visit Malone's dad and brother too. The next day the boys went and played golf. Saturday we drove 3 hours to Bear Lake for the Bennett reunion. We had a really great time jetskiing and spending time with cousins. Mason got to meet all sorts of new people and did great! It was a long day. Malone had never jetskii'd before so it was neat for us to do that together. We also got to ride on a tube behind the boat as well, which we haven't done together since we first got married! Malone and I made the mistake of not putting on sunscreen soon enough and were both fried. I haven't had a burn that bad in a long time! The next day we went to my parent's ward and hung out and played games all day with my family. It's been a long time that we have all been able to be together!
Monday and Tuesday we drove up to visit Malone's parents in West Yellowstone. We hung out and watched a lot of movies while his parents worked the range downstairs. Whenever they got a chance they'd come spend time with us. We wandered around West Yellowstone and bought some things for Mason. It was nice to spend time with them and Mason loves his grandma!
Thursday I spent some much needed quality time shopping with my mom. That night we celebrated my dad's birthday at Perkins. He decided he wanted blueberry pancakes for dinner! Friday we said our goodbyes to my family and headed to Idaho Falls to see Malone's dad one more time before we left. We sure love our families and it was so great to see everyone! We won't be back for Christmas, so we aren't sure the next time we'll see them again.
Last week I celebrated my 28th birthday! I got so many phone calls and birthday wishes. It was really nice! Malone brought me some flowers and a beautiful birthday card. He also gave me some money to go get my nails done which was wonderful! I loved it! That evening we went out to eat at Logan's, which is basically like Texas Roadhouse. So yummy!
On the 23rd Malone and I also celebrated our 6 year anniversary. As a family we went to the Dallas World Aquarium that morning. It was super crowded but we had a good time seeing all sorts of fish as well as other wildlife like monkeys, birds, bugs, reptiles, snakes, and even a panther. Our favorite part was seeing the big freshwater fish. They were huge!! The shark tank was really cool too. That evening Malone and I dropped Mason off with some friends so Malone and I could go on a date. It was the first time we have had a date alone since we moved here! We went to this little local Italian place in Flower Mound where they had live music. It was romantic and so nice to spend time together.






0 comments:
Post a Comment