.

.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Major crisis quickly solved! (luckily)

So the other day we had a pretty major crisis with the wedding plans. There's the long version of the story and a short version. I'll tell the short version. So Saturday I got an email from my wedding photographer (Sheila) that basically said, hey I didn't get a contract from you or a deposit so I went ahead and made other commitments for the 23rd. (Might I add that the photographer never mentioned a deposit or anything when we had spoken before. Nor had she mentioned that she had another offer for that day. So we had no idea we didn't have her obligated for that day.) We were out of a photographer for the wedding day. Great. Immediately I started to panic because we were 6 days from the wedding day with no photography arrangements. Luckily Mom and Dad remembered the name of Tiffany and Marshall's photographer and gave him a call. Out of some kind of miracle, he just so happened to have enough time to take our pictures Saturday. It's a miracle! So now we have a photographer for Saturday. Talk about a close call! I can't believe that Sheila would just bail like that. Most people would call the client and say, hey I had another offer, what is your decision? But she came up with lots of excuses why it was our fault. She never made it clear that we didn't have a set contract for Saturday. It was our fault in a way, but she didn't make it clear. Oh well. Problem is solved. I'm over it.



So my OTHER photographer, Lavinda, the one who took the engagement and prebridals, called me yesterday. I had mentioned in an email that Sheila had bailed on me and we were out of a photographer. I had asked if she knew anyone we could call. So yesterday when she called me, she said she was just sick that that had happened. She felt so bad for recommending Sheila to me and wished that she could take the wedding pictures herself. (Lavinda will be out of town this weekend, which is why she's not taking the pictures) She just felt sick she said. She had even called around to people she knew to see if they were available. How sweet of her!! So I told her things worked out with another photographer and we'd be okay. Lavinda has been such a sweet heart and has really bent over backwards to help us and to tailor the photography stuff to our needs. I suggest her to anyone who may be getting married here in Eastern Idaho! http://lavinda.bigfolioblog.com/ is her blog. She posts pictures she's taken on there and such. Check it out!




So Lavinda brought me a CD of about 80 prebridal pictures she took on Thursday. I posted a couple pictures so you could get a taste of how well she does. I think I'll be getting some more from her soon. I'm not sure though. But anyway, I had to share that crazy story and show you a couple prebridal pictures. It's only a couple more days and we'll FINALLY be married! YAY!!

3 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures - I want to see more! So glad your crisis was solved. Happy Birthday to you, can't wait to see you on Thursday!

Josh and Amber said...

All of your pictures are so cute! Your a beautiful bride! Now that it's the 29th, that means your already married! Yay!! I can't wait till you can post your pics from the wedding and everything, be sure to post lots! I'm so happy you have a blog. Cause now we can be blog buddies too, mine is joshandamberhammond.blogspot.com
It was fun reading about all your final preporations for the wedding. I hope everything ended up running smoothly for you! I can't wait to read about how it went! And the first year of marriage is always an interesting one. Atleast it was for Josh and I. We were dirt poor lived in a crappy/ghetto (to me) basement apartment, but yet it was one of the best years of our lifes because we were with eachother and that's all that mattered!! Love ya, Congrats on being married!

Carter Family said...

It's awesome that you guys already have a blog and you just barely got married! Way to go Dani! I wish that I could be there with you guys to celebrate and go through the temple, but you know how it is. I wish you all the happiness in the world though and can't wait to see you guys's life together. Love you!!

Amy