.

.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Busy week!!

Malone and I have been keeping busy the last week or so. Malone had this big assignment for one of his 3D modeling classes. It has taken him weeks to get this assignment done. This weekend alone he spent about 10 hours or more on it. He had to draw up a cabin for a client on a design program on the computer. Then he had to transfer that over to another program, and then physically build it out of wood. When he brought home the pieces it looked like hundreds of tiny pieces of a 3D puzzel. He spent alot of time working on this project with the very little time he has. I am proud of him and all the hard work he put into it. It turned out really cool!  I feel like I can relate to these kinds of things because of all the time I had to put into my art classes. I guess in a way we are both artists!



 
 
As for me, this week I have been spending my spare time working on top of my already full time work schedule. I design and print signs for Broulim's. Because I already have two jobs, I end up doing most of this at night after work. As time goes on in this pregnancy, it's getting harder and harder to stay at night. I feel overexhausted sometimes. In the last pay period I spent about 15.5 hours on top of a regular 40 hr a week work schedule doing signs. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle working this much. And while I try to set limits so I still have time at home getting things done, spending time with Malone, and sometimes resting I have received complaints that I am not available enough. People can't seem to understand why I can't get their orders out faster. Everyone orders these big orders and expects it done the next day without considering the fact that am forced to do these at night and I have other people ordering with the same expectations  everyday. After working this much the last two weeks, this weekend I woke up with a really bad head cold. I get colds when I have a combination of high stress and not enough sleep, which doesn't really surprise me. The work doesn't end, so now I am working alot WITH a cold, which makes me even more tired.
 
As far as the pregnancy goes, however, I am doing great. I am 18 weeks along this week and I feel fine, just tired in the afternoons as usual. I haven't been careful about how much I have been eating lately so I am worried I might be gaining too much weight too fast. I haven't felt the baby move yet, which is sad because I really can't wait! And I want to have a comfort in knowing it's growing and moving like it should... but I am trying to be patient. I find out in 2 weeks what we're having! Seriously so excited! And I wanna get shopping!
 


1 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Where's the belly pictures?! I need to see that bump growing. :) I honestly don't know how you are working so much. Don't completely tire yourself out and take it easy. Something's got to give at some point. I'm so excited to find out what you are having. I wish you lived closer to me, I'd sneak you in for a peek. As for movement, sometimes it takes longer to feel it if your placenta is on the front wall versus the back. I felt this baby and Chan sooner than I felt Rowan, mostly because of the placenta placement. Chan and this pregnancy it is on the back wall. I bet you'll feel something in the next week or two though.
Malone's project turned out very cool, looks time consuming!