At first we debated whether to go out or not because we didn't really know where to go and we worried about traffic/parking and stuff. But finally we got brave and decided to just GO! We grabbed breakfast at IHOP and drove up to see the golden gate bridge and pier 39 around 11. There was a big parking garage for the pier so we were able to find parking just fine (even though it was expensive!).
The first thing we did was buy tickets to cruise for an hour around Alcatraz and see the Golden Gate Bridge. We boarded the red and white fleet at about 12pm. We got out on the water and wow was it WINDY outside! My hair was all over the place and it actually got a little cold. Luckily I took my jacket with me. We must have taken a dozen pictures while we were out there.
 |
| Malone with Alcatraz in the background |
 |
| Red and White Fleet Cruise Ship |
 |
| Me and Malone on the boat |
 |
| Golden Gate Bridge |
 |
| Alcatraz |
After cruising around the bay, we just explored the piers. We went to a little museum full of vintage arcade type games. Not just like, video game type things, but old old games from like the early 1900's. It was sort of fun to just take a look around. You can actually play all the games there too, they all work. There were a ton of shops and stuff too, like one shop we stopped at was a kite shop! We eventually made our way over to Pier 39 . Of course there were a ton more shops and all sorts of restaurants.
Then we stopped for lunch at... BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP! Super based around the movie Forrest Gump, and it was way busy but it was dang good. I ordered some coconut shrimp and Malone got some hushpuppies and deep fried jumbo shrimp. Yum! I was stuffed!
 |
| Bubba Gump Shrimp |
 |
| Us at Bubba Gump Shrimp |
After lunch we walked over to Fisherman's Warf and walked around looking at the street performers and checking out more shops. By about 5pm we were getting exhausted... well at least I was. Walking around in the heat in flip flops while pregnant? Yeah. Fireworks didn't start for another 5 hours and I just knew I wasn't gonna make it haha. Even though I love fireworks, we decided it was time to go. So we found our car and headed home. There was a TON of traffic coming in, so I knew it was gonna get really busy. And I was glad to avoid crazy traffic later that night after the fireworks were over. We got home and got cleaned up. And boy were we both SUNBURNED. Our faces, scalps, arms, necks, and my chest were fried! I was afraid that would happen since we didn't even think about sunscreen. I thought we had stayed indoors enough, but apparently not. Ouchy! Later that night we went out and got us some ice cream because the preggo lady wanted some like BAD haha. Anyway, it was a really fun 4th and we both had a good and memorable time!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment