.

.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 27

How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +25
Maternity clothes? Wearing them all the time now. There are only a few of my normal tops I can still wear.
Sleep: Tossing and turning and cant seem to get comfortable. I wake up every time I have to roll over.
Best moment this week: Seeing baby boy's face on a 3D ultrasound!
Miss Anything? Being able to move around easier- it's getting harder and harder to maneuver with this big belly and sore back.
Movement: Definitely feeling some kicks from time to time!
Food cravings: Ice cream, bacon, Fritos (not together!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Very much so
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Still in! (not for much longer I'm afraid)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Lately, easily irritable due to being hot! Otherwise, I'm good.
Weekly Wisdom: John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
Looking forward to: Doing some baby shopping and making crafts for his room



I am now 27 weeks along! Just about 3 months left to go!  Just in the last couple weeks baby boy has turned into quite the kicker! I just laugh about it sometimes because it can be kind of ridiculous. I just wish I had a window so I could see what he is doing in there! Even though it can be ridiculous, I love every second of it. It always brings a smile to my face and reminds me that he is there and that he is growing. And for me it's a personal thing that just me and baby have together because no one else can feel what I feel with him. It's such a special feeling I've never had before.  I can't wait to meet him! I have been dying to go shopping and get a crib and start his nursery, but I have to be patient for now. I also have been thinking I need to start a homemade project, something for baby boy; maybe put together a blanket or crochet something? I'm not super crafty, I don't know how to do that kind of stuff but I really want to learn. And I wish I knew for sure what I want to name him because I'd like to do something for his nursery with his name. I have a pretty good idea of what it is going to be, but I won't be 100% sure till I meet him. Guess that will have to wait! The other day Malone was laying next to me with his back against my belly and the baby started kicking him. I asked him, "Do you feel that?" He's like, "Yeah what is that?" I told him it was the baby kicking! And he was like, " Ohhh I thought you were just twitching!" So funny, I love it!

Today was our first ultrasound since we've been home from SF. They estimate he's a little over 2 lbs now! This is his first 3D ultrasound- look at that face! I'm already in love with him. Doctor says he is looking good. Doesn't look like anything has changed, other than he's getting bigger! Other than the expected stuff with SB, everything else is right on track. So we are thankful for that.

I get asked all the time how I'm feeling. Well, since it's my first I'm not sure how I'm "supposed" to be feeling but I can honestly say I feel pretty good! As I've said in past posts, I haven't been sick really at all.  A little cold here and there but nothing I can't handle. My belly is getting bigger, which is taking some getting use to. That has certainly changed in the last couple weeks. It's getting bigger every week! Bending down to pick up things is becoming a little trickier because I am trying to stay balanced on the way down and up. I get a little winded when I go for walks or upstairs, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm out of shape ( which I know is definitely a factor!) or if this baby is starting to crowd my lungs/diaphragm or something. Because the bump is getting bigger, I can feel a little more stress on my back. I feel like an old lady when I try to get up off the couch because it takes me a minute to get up, and then sometimes my back hurts a little from sitting or laying down. Of course after working all day, I have low energy by the time I get home and just want to lay down for a while. The last couple weeks I have noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. I figure this all comes with the pregnancy package, so I'm not going to complain about it. It's just all stuff I am slowly getting use to dealing with. I also get asked if I am having any weird cravings... not if ice cream is weird! It ALWAYS sounds good, but I am pretty sure I was that way before I got pregnant.

The other day Malone and I scheduled to go down to visit with the doctors in Salt Lake City August 8th to talk about delivery/baby's surgery etc. I won't be delivering at Primary Children's, as I previously thought. I'll be delivering at University Hospital which is just down the way from Primary Children's. Baby boy will be getting his surgery done at Primary Children's. I've had people ask me why I have to deliver down in Salt Lake City. I don't HAVE to deliver there, I want to. If I were to have the baby here our baby would have to be transferred down there to have the surgery done. I want to deliver in Salt Lake so that we can be closer together. I don't really mind having to go down there though. We have lots of family down there. So I guess this is just the next step in our journey. I imagine this visit will be similar to the one in San Francisco, in that it will be a long day. Luckily it's only a day!


0 comments: