.

.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Salt Lake City mini trip

Wednesday afternoon Malone and I left to go to Salt Lake City. Thursday morning I was scheduled to see Dr. Byrne and to see a genetic counselor and get an ultrasound. We got to SLC a little late around 9 , to my aunt karla and uncle Steve's house. The next morning Malone and I left early to get to University of Utah Medical Center where I would be getting my ultrasound first thing. The radiologist made it sound like baby's ventricles in his brain are a little bigger. I knew it could happen, I had just hoped it wouldn't. After that we talked to a genetic counselor who basically told us nothing. Seemed to Malone and I a waste of time. She said I would have to take more folic acid next time. And after talking about any possible genetic issues within our families, it sounded to me like this was just a fluke thing. Which I already figured anyway since no one in either of our families has any defect issues. So, we learned nothing. The next appointment was with Dr. Byrne. We mainly talked about when we would have the baby, which turns out we will schedule during the 39th week. I am scheduled to go back and see this Dr. on Oct.3rd. I might stay in SLC from then till I deliver. We haven't decided what to do yet. And the Dr made it sound like I still have a choice in whether I want to deliver c section or not. They will support whatever I want to do. I am going to ask my other doctors here at home to see what they think I should do. After this appointment we were scheduled to meet with a nurse who would explain the surgery and what to expect. She was the most helpful person we talked to all day.

After all our appointments Malone and I grabbed some lunch at Tocanos and headed home. It was an extremely long and stressful day. We felt like the trip was not as helpful as we had hoped it would be and were disappointed. As we get closer to having this baby I am feeling a lot more stress and worry. I don't really know what to do.

On a positive note, Natalie and my mom are throwing my baby shower next Wednesday! Yay! And Malone got an interview in Texas next Friday and they are flying him down there. Pretty exciting!

0 comments: