.

.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 38- 7 days left!

Well here we are at 38 weeks with only 7 days left in this pregnancy. It is both exciting and scary at the same time. I have very mixed emotions about the next couple weeks. We have an idea of what to expect from the delivery and after, but no idea what to expect of baby boy. Depending on what his issues are could mean staying in the hospital for up to a month after delivery. We hope and pray everyday that our little guy won't be dealing with any major complications. I pray that he will be healthy and strong despite his issues. I am also a little nervous about the c section, since I have never had surgery in my life or even been to the hospital. But I think we both will be in good hands at this hospital.

I have been living here at my aunt and uncles house now for about 5 days and it has been good. I am so thankful for their hospitality and for letting me stay for so long. My aunt treats me like I am one of her own. And my uncle has been making sure I stay well hydrated, he is always bringing me bottled water, haha. I like it here and am comfortable here. But at the same time it isn't home. I miss my own bed, my dogs, my normal routine... but most of all I miss Malone. He went back home the day after we got here to go back to work. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I have had to do so far because I wanted so badly to go home with him. He is my strength and my comforter. Without him here has been a little lonely. We haven't spent more than a few days apart from each other since we have been married. While in normal situations I could probably have dealt with it okay, but this time is so critical and scary for me because I am so close to having this baby. I have missed his strong arms holding me and telling me it will all be okay. I can't wait till he comes back this weekend.

Anyway, this week I will be going to two last appointments before D-day. Wednesday I meet with  the neurologist who will be operating on my baby. And then Thursday I meet with my obgyn who will be delivering. After that we wait till Sunday when I have to go in for some labs / bloodwork . Then bam, 5:30 Monday morning we will be checking into the hospital to have a baby. I am excited to see this little boy I have heard so much about. I am told I won't get to hold him right after he is born, but I will get to see him. They will do surgery as soon as they feel he is ready, which is usually within 24 hrs of birth. I don't know when I will get to see him after that. But that is all we know at at this point. The scariest part is all of the unknowns, but that has been that way since we found out about his condition. And I am sure it will be that way even after we get him home. We have had to just run on faith that things will be okay because it is totally out of our hands. It is all in the Lord's hands.

I  am thankful for the knowledge of the gospel in my life and the strength and peace it brings me everyday. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of me and my little family's needs and has bestowed such tender mercies upon us. I know He has a plan for me and is giving me this opportunity to become a stronger person by trusting in Him and allowing Him to be in control. I am so thankful to have Malone in my life. I know that he was meant to be a part of my life, to be my eternal companion. He is my strength, my comforter, my best friend. We have been truly blessed despite the trials we  face at this time. After this experience I look forward to being a strength to others in their times of heartache and trial. I feel like I have something to offer others that I have never felt before. And I know that comes from my Heavenly Father.

1 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

I've watched you through all of this and admire your strength. I'm sure it hasn't been easy and there will be difficult times ahead, but your testimony and faith is definitely amazing. I can't wait to see you this week and everything will be ok. I think it's normal to be nervous about a c-section, it's surgery after all. You will do great though! Our prayers and love are with you!